Graphic design is a skill that’s in high demand and can be used in a variety of industries. However, if you want to make a career out of it, you’ll need to learn how to create great-looking visuals. Luckily, with the right resources at your disposal, you can learn whatever you need to get started in this exciting field. In this blog post, we’re going to share five useful websites for professional graphic designers. From online courses to creative tools, these sites have everything you need to start your design journey.
Table of Contents
Importance of using online tools in Graphic Designing
Graphic designers rely on a range of online tools to help with their work. These tools can be used for a variety of purposes, such as creating graphics, researching design trends, and more.
Some of the most popular online tools for graphic designers include Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Inkscape, and GIMP. Each has its own set of features that make it a valuable tool in the designer’s arsenal.
Adobe Photoshop is a widely used program for crafting graphics. It includes features such as masks, layers, strokes, and blending modes that allow for a wide range of designs to be created. Illustrator is similar to Photoshop in terms of its capabilities but also offers additional features such as vector art and animation. Inkscape is designed specifically for drawing vector illustrations and can be used to create logos, icons, and other graphical elements. GIMP is a free program that can be used to edit photos and images or create graphics from scratch.
Online resources are also essential for research into design trends. Trend Hunter is one such resource; it aggregates data from multiple sources to provide users with up-to-date information on popular design topics. Other online resources include Dribbble and Behance which offer galleries of user-generated designs as well as portfolios of professional graphic designers respectively. Finally, social media platforms like Instagram are great sources of inspiration for graphic designers looking to explore new ideas and trends.
How you can improve your graphic designing skill
1. Adobe Photoshop – One of the most popular and widely used graphic design software programs, Adobe Photoshop is a must-have for any designer. It offers a wide range of tools and features to help you create stunning images and designs.
2. Canva – Offering an easy-to-use platform for creating professional graphics, Canva is perfect for novices and seasoned graphic designers alike. With drag-and-drop features and plenty of templates to choose from, the site makes creating graphics quick and easy.
3. Inkscape – Another great program for creative professionals, Inkscape is known for its vector graphic design capabilities. Ideal for creating intricate designs, it can be difficult to learn at first but offers powerful results once mastered.
4. GIMP – Similar to Inkscape, GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a powerful image editor with versatile capabilities. Though less user-friendly than more popular options, GIMP can be very useful in specific cases where Inkscape or Photoshop are not sufficient.
5 Useful Websites
1. Adobe Creative Suite: A comprehensive set of software for graphic designers.
2. GraphicRiver: Offers a wide range of templates and graphics for creative professionals.
3. Canva: A user-friendly platform for creating visuals online.
4. 99Designs: Allows professionals to sell their designs online.
5. Behance: Provides an online portfolio and community for graphic designers.